Pathetic Fallacy

Pathetic fallacy is a moment when the environment matches the emotion. I think the most commonly used example of this would be when there is a sad moment in a movie or book and it is raining outside. I once had a pathetic fallacy moment and it happened towards the end of my senior year in high school. It was the last time my softball team would practice together and the last time I would be playing softball since I wasn't going to be playing in college. It was a bittersweet moment. Sad because it was my last time playing with my team and happy because I was about to start a new chapter in my life. While we were practicing it started to drizzle but towards the end of practice the clouds broke as the sun was setting. The clouds turned a beautiful shade of pink and a full rainbow appeared. And all I could smell was the fresh scent of grass as the sound of metal cleats on concrete rang in my ears. I felt that it was the perfect way to end my time as a softball player.

Comments

Popular Posts